Could Personal Trainers be Replaced by AI.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology has the potential to offer many of the advantages of a personal fitness trainer, all within the convenience of a smartphone app. Here are a few ways in which AI could replace a personal fitness coach:
- Personalised Workouts: AI algorithms can analyse a user’s fitness level, goals, and preferences to create bespoke workout plans that are tailored to their specific needs.
- Real-time Feedback: AI-powered fitness apps can provide real-time feedback during a workout, correcting form, suggesting modifications and helping users stay on track.
- Progress Tracking: AI can track a user’s progress and provide insights into areas for improvement, enabling users to continuously work towards their goals.
- Adaptive Training: AI can adapt to a user’s progress and adjust workout plans accordingly, making sure that users are always challenged and motivated.
- And let’s not forget the cost-benefit. Personal trainers can be extremely expensive and finding someone that works with your lifestyle can be hard. With an AI Fitness App, you can carry your own machine-learning personal trainer wherever you go.
While AI-powered fitness apps may not be able to provide the same human connection and motivation as a personal trainer, they can offer a more convenient, data-driven, and personalised workout experience.
Our top 5 Fitness Apps that use Machine Learning
5. Fitbod – Strength training
Fitbod is a fitness app that focuses on strength training. Workouts are tailored to your specific goals and preferences, meaning you are more likely to get healthier and fitter faster.
To build your custom-fit workout, Fitbod’s training algorithm understands your strength-training ability by studying your past workouts and adapting to your available gym equipment.
Instant workout adaptations can be made based on the equipment you have available, time available and goals. The workout plan suggestions cover a range of workout types from strength training, bodyweight movements, HIIT, and to more traditional bodybuilding workouts.
Key feature: Recovery
Strength and bodybuild workouts can be outer productive if inadequate rest is taken.
Fitbod AI takes recovery into consideration and ensures your muscles are given the optimum time to recover, rebuild and adapt.
It will also recommend workouts based on your freshest muscles, so you can keep training whilst other body parts are given time to recover. This may sound simple but is a very effective feature for those that like to follow a muscle-group split program.
For those who like to view the data behind this, the Recovery tab page includes really nice data visualisation of what muscles have had adequate rest from your previous workouts.
Key feature: Injury management
A smart feature from Fitbod is the ability to select any exercises you enjoy and want to perform for frequently, and equally which ones you don’t want to see at all.
This is a really powerful feature and means the Fitbod algorithm can instantly learn your preferences to create better workout plans.
So if you are carrying an injury but still want to train or have difficulties with high-impact movement. You can simple tell Fitbod to avoid those exercises.
However with great power comes great responsibility, as this feature could be used to avoid exercises which might not be an enjoyable but required to provide a more balanced strength training plan.